We do it all…Garbage Disposal Repairs and Installation
Garbage Disposal Installation
Your Kitchen plumbing is in good hands when you call DB’s Plumbing and Drain® of Prince William VA. Our expert plumbers handle everything including the kitchen sink…and faucets and garbage disposals.
The go-to appliance in your kitchen is located right under your sink; your kitchen garbage disposal. They are so heavily used; it is really difficult to go without it. If you are in need of a garbage disposal replacement or repair, call the certified plumbing repair experts at DB’s Plumbing and Drain®. We provide state of the art garbage disposals that are tough enough to take the abuse we often give them.
Our brand of choice is In-Sink-Erator, Badger models. Badger household garbage disposals are a reliable and functional choice when affordability is the prime concern. You can say goodbye to food waste with this work horse!
We all have appliances, but the kitchen garbage disposal is arguably the most used, and misused, appliance in our homes. Given heavy use, it is subject to needing repair. Water hardness can equally cause issues. Most of us do not have time to take apart the sink to try to unclog or repair a disposal. Call DB’s today and get your kitchen sink back in working order fast!
- Stuck Objects
Overloading a garbage disposal is something most people are guilty of doing at one time or another. When this happens, your disposal has a feature that will automatically shut off the unit. This is to insure it does not get too hot. Sometimes hitting the reset button will work. Sometimes using the provided “key” in the hole below the disposal which will move the internal blades will work. But if not, call DB’s!
Stuck objects can be a piece of bone, gristle from meat, silverware, to most anything that just fell in unnoticed. DO NOT try to remove the object, well, for obvious reasons! Turn off the related circuit breaker or unplug the disposal and call DB’s.
Clogs can originate from anything including dirt, grease, fibrous meat material, etc. If the clog is severe, the line may need to be snaked and the P-trap cleaned out.
Tips to Prevent Garbage Disposal Repair
When it comes to using, and maintaining your garbage disposal, there are things you can do to keep it functioning trouble free.
- Always use plenty of water to flush it so it can correctly dispose all of the food waste.
- Do not over fill the disposal.
- Clearly never put metal, plastic, or glass objects down the disposal. If this happens NEVER use your hands since they could get caught in the disposal or cut on the blades causing significant bodily injury. If the object is large enough, you can try to use tongs or plyers to pull out the object. But Never EVER use your hands.
- Never put hard items like bones or shells in the disposal
- If you have a lot to dispose of, do it slowly and in stages so the machine does not jam