Think of all that you use hot water for—showering, doing the dishes, washing your clothes, and more. Any time you’re without hot water, it can send your whole day spiraling into a land of unproductivity and it is a sign of a serious problem. However, when you have the Fairfax water heater technicians at DB’s Plumbing and Drain® on your side, you can rest assured that you’ll have a steady supply of hot water.
We are a family owned and operated company that is dedicated to providing each customer with the personal care and attention he or she deserves. With over two decades of experience, there’s no job that’s too complicated for us to handle. There’s a reason we’re so highly reviewed and considered the premier plumbing company in the area—we arrive promptly, get to work immediately, are respectful of your time and home, and our prices are transparent.
Water Heater Repair
Whether you have a gas or electric unit, your water heater contains multiple components that wear out with frequent use. An obvious sign that you need your water heater repaired is a lack of hot water, but that’s not the only way to tell it’s time to call our Fairfax water heater specialists.
Other signs you need water heater repair include:
- Cloudy or rust-colored water comes from your faucets: If you have a water heater with a storage tank, minerals and sediment can build up within it as water is stored. Any time you notice cloudy water, it is usually an indication that you need your water heater flushed. However, rust-colored water typically means that you need to replace the tank.
- Water leaks from the tank: Even if you carefully maintain your unit, all water heater tanks begin to corrode at some point and water will begin to leak. Any time you notice water pooling around your water heater, you need to call us as soon as possible.
- Hot water no longer lasts long enough: If your warm showers quickly turn to cold ones, it generally indicates something needs to be repaired.
- Your unit makes strange noises: While a small amount of noise is normal, any banging or popping noises need to be addressed by a trained plumber.
Our Water Heater & Additional Features Recommendations
At DB’s Plumbing and Drain®, we are committed to providing our customers with the most durable energy-efficient products so they can save even more on utility bills. Our Fairfax water heater technicians recommend and install State’s line of water heaters. To ensure their products can withstand frequent use, they conduct testing in some extreme conditions. Additionally, their line of water heaters all have special enamel coatings that flex with extreme temperatures so it is capable of lasting longer. Best yet, in addition to the six-year manufacturer warranty, we back our work with a one year warranty on parts and labor.
To help increase the efficiency and functionality of your water heater, we recommend installing the following additional features:
- Timers: Instead of having your water heater remain powered on constantly, a timer will allow you to only use power when you need hot water. This will allow you to save money on your energy bill and will expand the lifespan of your unit.
- Pressure regulators: Hot temperatures lead to higher pressure, which can lead to dangerous explosions or burst pipes. A pressure regulator can help prevent such issues from occurring.
- Water alarms: A leak can cause disastrous property damage if left undetected. A water alarm sounds an alert if it detects any leak or excess water.
The Importance Of Water Heater Maintenance
Getting routine maintenance is the best way to ensure that your water heater has a long lifespan. When we arrive at your property, our Fairfax water heater specialists will perform a multi-point inspection to ensure that each individual part of your unit is in proper working order.
To schedule service, call (703) 457-8686 today.
The Ultimate Guide to the Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
What Are Some Signs Your Sump Pump Needs Repairs?
Common Summer Plumbing Problems and Their Solutions
When to Consider Replacing Your Water Heater
The Benefits of Professional Sewer Cleaning
What is a Sump Pump and Do You Need One?
Why You Should Hire a Professional
When Does Your Garbage Disposal Need to be Replaced?