Fairfax Garbage Disposal Services
We’ll Never Sell You Something You Don’t Need
When it’s working as it should, we often take our garbage disposal for granted. This appliance, located beneath our kitchen sink, is responsible for assisting with drainage, reducing the amount of food waste generated, eliminating odors, and preventing sink waste from entering any pipes. Whether you’re in need of repairs, maintenance, or need a brand new unit, our Fairfax garbage disposal technicians at DB’s Plumbing and Drain® can come to your rescue. With over two decades of experience, there’s no job that’s too large or small for us to handle. When we arrive at your property, we will get to work immediately. Our team is committed to ensuring that your unit is in excellent working condition when we leave.
Affordable Options that Don’t Sacrifice Quality
At DB’s Plumbing and Drain®, our mission is to provide our customers with long-lasting plumbing solutions at fair prices. If you’re in need of a new garbage disposal, we recommend the In-Sink-Erator Badger model which is known for its dependability, effectiveness, and quality.
Common Causes of Broken Garbage Disposals
Because of how often we use our garbage disposal, many things can cause it to enter a state of disrepair. In fact, many people misuse their garbage disposals because they think that they can put anything down them.
The most common causes of broken garbage disposals include:
- Overload: This is something that many people are guilty of, which is why many units contain features to help further damage it. Should you overload your unit, it will automatically shut off to prevent it from getting too hot. Usually, hitting the reset button will work. Your device will also have a key that enables you to move the internal blades. Should either fail, simply call our Fairfax garbage disposal specialists and we’ll repair it in no time.
- Stuck objects: Sometimes things that aren’t supposed to be put down the disposal accidentally end up there, such as silverware, pieces of bone, meat gristle, jewelry, and more. The important thing is to not try to remove anything yourself. For your safety, let the trained professionals handle it.
- Clogs: Because we put grease, fats, fibrous foods, and other materials down our garbage disposal, they can lead to build-up which eventually clogs your disposal.
Tips to Expand Your Disposal’s Lifespan
Our Fairfax garbage disposal technicians have put together a series of tips to help you extend the lifespan of your unit and keep it functioning as it should.
We recommend that you:
- Never overfill your disposal
- Never dispose of hard items like bones or shells down it
- Always have water running while using your disposal to help flush down any food waste
- Dispose of large loads slowly and in stages to avoid jamming the unit
- Never put any plastic, metal, or glass objects down your disposal
Experience service from the best in the business. Call us at (703) 457-8686 to schedule a same-day appointment.