This week, we thought you may be interested to know some of the things your plumber would love to share with you.
1. If we can finish a job quickly, it’s typically due to our years of experience and expertise. If it takes longer than expected, know that we are working hard to get your job done and get to our next call or home to our families. We don’t get paid more to take longer or to hurry at DB’s.
2. Plumbing is a job that is very physically demanding. Plumbers have bad knees, bad backs, and their hands are calloused like baseball gloves. We have a joke around the office that plumbers are “certified contortionists”, as they have to get into small, tight spaces, and work around piping, ducting, and appliances daily.
3. Plumbing is a very dirty job! Mike Rowe may have done some crazy things on his show Dirty Jobs, but our plumbers can relate! We work hard to keep ourselves, our trucks and tools, and your home or business as clean as possible. We hope we can leave your space like we were never there. We do laundry practically daily, and we clean our trucks all throughout the work week.
4. Sometimes the first solution to a problem isn’t always the final solution, no matter how hard we try to make it work. There are no 100% guarantees when it comes to plumbing, as every job and every set-up is different. What worked at your home may not work at the next home, and we do our best to get it done as quickly and affordably as possible.
5. Most plumbers absolutely love their job. We take a lot of pride in solving customer’s problems using creative solutions daily. We love that we can restore water to a family waiting for a shower, we can get a child’s favorite toy out of a drain, and we can stop a leaking pipe from damaging a finished basement; potentially all in the same day. We chose this career to have an ever-changing work day, solve issues, and do honest work with our hands and hearts.